Monday, March 23, 2009

Poor Alex...

This last weekend I had to take Alex in for a sleep study. Again!
This girl has been through so much in the little time she has been around. In the past three and a half years she has had toe surgery for her webbed toes (which didn't work, but I am glad because I love her little webbed toes). She has had a sleep study finding out she had sleep apnea and had to have her adnoids out. She was too young to take her tonsils out too. Then she had to have tubes in her ears. They only lasted a few months, so didn't really work. Then she had to have her tear ducts unplugged with a little surgery so her eyes wouldn't always run, but it didn't work. Now we are starting over with the sleep study again thinking her apnea is back. They think she may need her tonsils out now. We won't know for a couple of weeks. She is such a good sport. As you can tell in the pictures she was just happy to be there. She was so excited, because the next day she got to go pick out new finger nail polish. That is the one thing she wanted.
We are very blessed that the things we have had to go through with her have been very minor. We love you Alex! Thanks for being such a good little girl....





9 comments:

Brittni Schroeder Photography said...

Poor girl!

PEASE said...

I am glad that she is such a happy girl, it makes things better when they are so good. She is such a sweet girl, I hope that she got her nail polish! What a fun treat to get. Good luck with everything.

Lara Phister said...

I yuv Ayex! Maybe she can paint my toenails with her new polish! Can't waite.

brookiebaby said...

oh bless her heart!! I hope that they find out what's wrong!! W're going through some of that with cooper...the "what else is wrong now" syndrome! ha ha! so, would you NOT recommend the eye duct surgery??? his little eye won't stop weeping and getting gooey...sad

Melanie said...

Poor little girl.

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

Poor Alex! It's amazing how much we can learn from children about having a good attitude. It kind of puts things in perspective...and all she asks is for new fingernail polish! Good luck with everything. Love you!

2Again Now said...

I love you Alex!!!! What a brave girl you are!!!!

Darla said...

Poor thing! And poor you! Sick kids are no fun. At least she can be happy though. Maybe I'll take my kids in for some sleep apnea testing...they never seem to want to go to bed!

Unknown said...

Oh poor Alex! She has been through a lot in the last couple of years. But she is one of the toughest little girls I know. Keep me updated on how you guys are doing. I hope to see you soon!